Established in 1971, the Fifth Third Bank Broad Ripple Art Fair, the Art Center’s largest fundraiser, is Indy’s kickoff to the summer festival season! Now in its 43rd year, the Fifth Third Bank Broad Ripple Art Fair attracts over 22,000 visitors annually to the Broad Ripple Village cultural district and showcases more than 225 artists from the U.S. and Canada. The Art Fair features booths from local cultural organizations, a children’s creative area, gourmet food courts, a beer and wine garden and live entertainment on four stages and the Frank M. Basile Auditorium. The Art Fair takes place on the grounds of the Indianapolis Art Center and its ArtsPark, and the North Side Optimist Opti-Park annually each May. All proceeds from the Art Fair aid the Indianapolis Art Center in serving more than 300,000 people annually through its year-round on-site studio art classes, contemporary art exhibitions, community events and outreach programs for underserved youth. The 43rd Fifth Third Bank Broad Ripple Art Fair will take place May 18 and 19, 2013.
- Largest annual fundraising event for the Indianapolis Art Center
- Attracts more than 22,000 visitors annually during two-day event
- Juried Art Fair – The Jury consists of five members of the Indianapolis-area arts community
- Indianapolis Art Center is an institutional member of NAIA, National Association of Independent Artists
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19, 2013 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Special Broad Ripple Art Fair Preview Party presented by Indianapolis Power & Light Company: Friday night, May 17, 2013 from 6-8 p.m.
- The Art Fair takes place on the grounds of the Indianapolis Art Center, its ArtsPark, and the North Side Optimist Opti-Park, located at 67th Street and College Avenue in the Broad Ripple Village Cultural District.
Brown Paper Tickets Ticket Widget Loading…
Click Here to visit the Brown Paper Tickets event page.
- More than 225 professional artists
- Live bands/performers on four entertainment stages and the Basile Auditorium
- Food vendors providing a variety of cuisine in two gourmet food courts
- Two wine and beer gardens
- Cultural booths
- Family Room feeding and changing station
- Hands-on art activities in 3 Prizm Creativity Tents and in the Art Center facility
- Demos in the Art Center glass studio, one of the only hot shops open to the public in the region!
- Parking and free shuttles are available at the Glendale Mall lot at Rural Street. Handicapped parking is available south of the Art Center on 66th Street.
- Bike to the fair using one of the city’s most popular greenway trails, the Monon, then park for free with Pedal & Park, stationed one block south of the Monon entrance to the Art Center grounds.
- Ride IndyGo to the Art Fair. All IndyGo buses come equipped with a 2-bike bicycle rack. For trip planning assistance, call 317.635.3344 or visit Trip Planner on www.IndyGo.net or use the transit function on Google maps.
- Broad Ripple Art Fair Preview Party presented by Indianapolis Power & Light Company
- Indy’s favorite art weekend launches with a VIP shopping experience too good to miss – The Broad Ripple Art Fair Preview Party presented by Indianapolis Power & Light Company! Enjoy exclusive first-look access to a large selection of Broad Ripple Art Fair artists. Mingle with artists and art lovers and enjoy delicious appetizers, drinks and music during this upbeat kickoff. We can’t wait to see you there! Friday, May 17th, 6-8 p.m.
Tickets: $75 each/ $125 for 2. Member tickets: $50 each/$80 for 2. Ticket price includes 2-day admission to the Fifth Third Bank Broad Ripple Art Fair. Ticket also includes 3 complimentary beer/wine tickets.
Tickets for the Preview Party will go on sale April 1, 2013. Tickets may be purchased at HERE or in person at the Indianapolis Art Center Front Desk.
- Visit the Art Center tent at the Fair on Saturday to receive a wristband to return on Sunday for FREE!
The prospectus for the Art Fair is available in mid-Ocotber of each year, with the entry deadline in late January each year. For more information, visit www.zapplication.org. For questions contact Kyle Herrington, Artist Committee Chair at KyleH@IndplsArtCenter.org or 317.255.2464 x 233.
Artist Level Membership Benefits
The Indianapolis Art Center offers an Artist Level Membership. Artist members of the Indianapolis Art Center receive the following benefits in addition to regular membership benefits:
- Discounted programs specifically for working artists.
- Opportunity to display cardholder’s art business link on the Artist Members page of the Art Center’s website.
- One free annual consultation with the Exhibitions department and Artist Services on the business of art, promotions, marketing, etc.
- Subscription to our artist member blog listing exhibition opportunities at the Art Center and elsewhere.
For more information about the Artist Level Membership, please contact Hap Clemons at HClemons@IndplsArtCenter.org or 317.255.2464 x 256.
Volunteer – It takes more than 400 volunteers for the Broad Ripple Art Fair to be successful. Benefits of volunteering include free admission to the Art Fair, a free t–shirt and several hours of fun and entertainment.