Thank you for considering a volunteer position at this year’s Broad Ripple Art Fair. It takes the support and commitment of more than 400 volunteers to make this event successful.
Benefits of volunteering include:
- Free admission to the Art Fair, good for both days of the fair!
- A free Broad Ripple Art Fair T–shirt
- Hours of fun, camaraderie and entertainment!
There are several volunteer opportunities to choose from. Each shift is approximately 3 hours long. Some shifts will require you to be outdoors and physically active while other shifts are seated and under a tent. We would love for you to be a part of such an amazing weekend!
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at volunteer@IndplsArtCenter.org.
Fun facts about volunteering in the Artist Areas:
This shift requires some walking and sitting, it is mostly outdoors and sometimes under a tent and is for persons age 18 and over. Volunteers report to the Artist Area captain and will provide a variety of hospitality services to our artists such as:
- Walking the Area looking for “flags” – Each artist is given a colored flag to hang on their booth to alert us that they need assistance
- Providing breaks for artists by “booth sitting”
- Getting food and beverages for the artists – Each artist is given a “food pass” that allows them to proceed to the front of the vendor’s line. Each vendor is aware of this pass. You are to stand to the side of the line and the vendor will assist you.
Fun facts about the Food Vendor Assist Volunteer position:
- After you check in at the Volunteer Tent you will report to the Food Court located on 67th Street across from the Art Center building
- Must be 21 or over with a valid driver’s license, be able to lift and carry 25 lbs and be able to climb onto truck beds. This is a very active position.
- You will be delivering ice, Coke products, water and kegs to all areas as needed
Tips to help make your volunteer experience easier:
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before your shift to allow time for check-in
- Parking around the fair site is limited
- Free parking is provided at the Glendale Mall overflow lot on 62nd and Rural
- Free shuttle service is provided to the fair site from the overflow lot location
- Shuttles run continuously through the day beginning at 9 am on Saturday and Sunday
- Shuttles will stop running at 6:30 pm on Saturday and 5:30 pm on Sunday
- If your shift begins before the shuttle starts running please make other transportation arrangements
- If your shift ends after the shuttle stops running please make other transportation arrangements
- Shuttles drop off and pick up on College Ave. between 66th and 67th Street
- Handicap Parking is available on 66th Street just east of College Ave. (must have placard or plates)
- The Volunteer Check-In booth is located on 66th street just east of College Ave.
- After check-in you will receive your t-shirt
- T-shirts must be worn during your shift
- There is no changing area, please wear something light that you can put your shirt over
- Comfortable shoes like tennis shoes are recommended
- Please do not bring personal items with you as there is no place to store your belongings
- Please do not bring children or pets with you during your shift
- For your safety and the safety of others, you are not permitted to drink alcohol during your shift