Thank you for considering a volunteer position at this year’s OneAmerica Broad Ripple Art Fair! It takes the support and commitment of more than 400 volunteers to make this event successful.
Benefits of volunteering include:
- Free admission to the Art Fair, good for both days of the fair
- A free OneAmerica Broad Ripple Art Fair T–shirt
- Hours of fun, camaraderie and entertainment
There are several volunteer opportunities to choose from. Each volunteer shift is approximately 3 hours long. Some shifts will require you to be outdoors and physically active while others are seated and under a tent. We would love for you to be a part of such an amazing weekend!
If you would like to volunteer for this year’s OneAmerica Broad Ripple Art Fair please click the Volunteer Now button above. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at volunteer@IndplsArtCenter.org.
Fun facts about volunteering in the Artist Areas
This shift requires some walking and sitting, is mostly outdoors and is for persons age 18 and over. Volunteers report to the Artist Area captain and will provide a variety of hospitality services to our artists including:
- Walking the area looking for “flags” – Each artist is given a colored flag to hang on their booth to alert us that they need assistance.
- Providing breaks for artists by “booth sitting”.
- Getting food or beverages for the artists – Each artist is given a “food pass” that allows them to proceed to the front of the vendor’s line. Each vendor is aware of this pass.
You are to stand to the side of the line and the vendor will assist you.
Fun facts about the Food Vendor Assist Volunteer position
- After checking in at the Volunteer Tent, you will report to the Food Court located in 67th Street across from the Art Center building.
- Volunteers must be 21 or over with a valid driver’s license, be able to lift and carry 25 lbs. and be able to climb onto truck beds. This is a very active position.
- Volunteers will be delivering ice, Coke products, water and kegs to all areas as needed.
Tips to help make your volunteer experience easier:
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before your shift to allow time for check-in
- Parking around the fair site is limited
- Free parking is provided at the Glendale Mall overflow lot on 62nd and Rural
- Free shuttle service is provided to the fair site from the overflow lot continuously throughout both days
- Shuttles run from 9AM-6:30 PM on Saturday and from 9 AM-5:30 PM on Sunday
- If your shift begins or ends outside of these times please make other transportation arrangements
- Shuttles drop off and pick up is on College Ave. between 66th and 67th Street
- Handicap Parking is available on 66th Street just east of College Ave. (must have placard or plates)
- The Volunteer Check-In booth is located on 67th street just east of College Ave.
- After check-in you will receive your t-shirt
- T-shirts must be worn during your shift
- There is no changing area, please wear something light that you can put your shirt over
- Comfortable shoes like tennis shoes are recommended
- Please do not bring personal items with you as there is no place to store your belongings
- Please do not bring children or pets with you during your shift
- For your safety and the safety of others, you are not permitted to drink alcohol during your shift